Airside – Safelift (BAA)
We are sole manufacturers worldwide combining all of the following technologies to create the unique Airside-Safelift range.
Anti skid & coating feature:
- We have developed an existing technique known to be to be the cutting edge of anti skid technology & used on offshore rigs & aircraft carriers
- Our version exceeds any highway specification worldwide having a scrim ratio 70 and still 68 after 1 million footfalls (50 being recommended figure for highway use). It is therefore as effective a road surface as dry asphalt. (as tested by Transport Research Laboratories for Transport For London(TFL))
- It is superior to standard resin encapsulated aggregate coatings.
- The alloy it is coated with is part Titanium Carbide, one of the toughest materials known to man & its resistance to wear is fantastic.
- Unlike other coatings, the nature of the surfacing means it will not come off in flakes or chips that would present a hazard to both personnel or equipment if it were subjected to jet blast or explosion.
- Sealed with 2k epoxy or similar to prevent glare.
- They are now part of BAA’s specification for airport works
- The only downside is the very high cost of producing them, a factor we do not pass on to the hirer.
- The aeroplane logo denotes this as ‘fit for Air-side use on airports’
The plate & security:
- Processed to engineering standards at our own works.
- Edges bevelled to allow smooth passage of equipment or pedestrians across them
- At least 4 precisely positioned counter bored holes in each corner mean that they can be secured down tightly for security & safety
- S.A.L.L.Y (Swivel Acting Lock & Lift Yolks)
- We are the sole UK importer of the CE marked & patented SALLY SAFELIFT system.
- By far the quickest, simplest and safest way of lifting roadplates available in the world today.
- Safe Working Load of 4 tonnes
- Approved for use both in London Transport & as a BAA safe system of work. See CASE STUDY
AIRSIDE SAFELIFT plate only from roadplatehire…The ultimate plate for airside works.
These units were specifically designed & form part of ‘best practice’ & safe working protocols for BAA sites for airside works. Primarily used where top grade anti-skid with non friable,anti glare coating is required.Get a quote
To traverse excavations up to 1,300 mm wide, where pedestrian &/or cars will cross. To cover trench up to 1,000 mm wide for trucks, heavy construction plant, cranes & forklifts.Get a quote
To traverse excavations up to 1700 mm wide, where pedestrian &/or cars will cross. To cover trench up to 1200 mm wide for trucks, heavy construction plant, cranes & forklifts.Get a quote