3m x 1m x 70mm Ekki/Wooden Mats
Durable hardwood sections, through bolted with high tensile steel bolts used extensively in construction for many years.
- Ideal for traversing beaches or sand dunes with vehicles and plant
- Their natural buoyancy makes them well suited for use as raft mats/bog mats and crane mats in bad ground such as bridge sites and pond dredging
- The fibrous nature of the hardwood sections gives a surface with a good purchase and traction properties.
- Depending on the underlying ground conditions, they will support a 45 tonne lorry over boggy areas
- Can be used for covering and protecting tree roots , potentially sensitive archaeology and subterranean assets.
- Also used for covering unmade ground such as playing fields and lawns areas for heavier traffic such as trucks, cranes and machinery
- A base for temporary structures
- Suitable for vehicle and pedestrian access.
- Suitable for traversing with tracked and rubber-tyred vehicles.
- NOT suitable for bridging open excavations or voids with the exception of pedestrian access.
Mass: 250 kgs each (dry)
Mechanical handling: The construction facilitates to use of crane hooks, or suitable forklifting
Anti skid: Yes. Natural fibrous texture
Securing method: Can be lashed or stapled
Case study: Rampion Off Shore Wind Farm – Access 4