5m x 1m x 100mm Ekki/Wooden Mats
Durable hardwood sections, through bolted with high tensile steel bolts used extensively in construction for many years..
- For traversing beaches or sand dunes with vehicles and plant
- Can be installed in multiples and are a tried and tested method of stabilising larger areas for crane rafts/crane mats
- Our installation service is available if required.
- A natural buoyancy makes them ideally suited for use as raft mats/bog mats in poor ground conditions such as bridge sites and pond dredging projects
- The fibrous nature of the timber sections gives the surface good purchase and traction features.
- Even in atrocious underlying ground conditions, they can support very large loads over affected areas
- Used for protecting tree roots, surfaces with weight limits such as quayside, potentially sensitive archaeology and subterranean assets where large vehicles and plant are travelling in the vicinity
- Often used for covering unmade ground such as playing fields and lawns areas for very heavy vehicle loadings
- A stable, semi-buoyant base for temporary structures and compounds
- Suitable for both vehicle and pedestrian access.
- Suitable for traversing with tracked or rubber-tyred vehicles.
- Suitable for bridging limited open excavations or voids for limited vehicle and pedestrian access.
Mass: 450 kgs each (dry)
Mechanical handling: The construction facilitates to use of crane hooks, or suitable forklifting
Anti skid: Natural fibrous texture
Securing method: Can be lashed or stapled
Case study: Wind and weather – EKKI mats in the thick of it